We’re excited you’re considering joining a great place to work!
Texas Mutual is deeply committed to creating and maintaining an environment of mutual respect and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Texas Mutual, a Best Company to Work for in Texas nine times, is the leading workers’ compensation insurance provider in the state, serving 70,000 business owners, 1.5 million workers and 5,000 agents.
Texas Mutual is looking for a proven product management executive with the entrepreneurial spirit to enable significant strategic impact from our product organization. As the VP Enterprise Product Management, you will lead a team of product owners servicing over 18 mission critical agile teams throughout the enterprise. In addition to managing the roadmap and feature delivery of all product work, you will partner closely with strategic planning and business executives to advance the prioritization and implementation of an enterprise-wide product/value stream methodology. The ideal person for this role must have prior experience leading a mature product management environment and have a passion for product excellence and delivering continuous value to the customer. Additionally, this individual will possess the experience and ability to communicate and advance a cohesive product vision grounded in an increasingly digital and customer-centric future.
Texas Mutual is headquartered in the diverse and rapidly growing Mueller neighborhood in Austin. Texas Mutual offers excellent benefits (see below), opportunities to volunteer in the community, professional development, a modern office, employee events, on-site fitness center, and more.
About this Position
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Essential Job Functions:
In this role, you can expect to:
Establish and execute product organization strategies, by:
- Helping define and lead the implementation, evolution, and refinement of a contemporary product/value stream methodology;
- Serving as the Chief Product Officer for the enterprise and working closely with internal and external customers and stakeholders to advance a multi-year strategic product roadmap;
- Serving as a liaison between leaders across the organization to ensure a cohesive approach to delivering value from an enterprise approach;
- Coordinating an overall enterprise roadmap and backlog that can be shared with business stakeholders to enable planning for product development work across the enterprise;
- Ensuring the product roadmap for each value stream is aligned with the company’s long and short-term strategic vision;
- Driving an entrepreneurial, innovative, and customer-centric focus on product problem solving and opportunity management based on competitive intelligence and market and user research;
- Identifying patterns in the experiences offered to our customers and measuring how they perceive and use our products and services.
Support a team of product owners, by:
- Guiding and training in support of maturing the product organization.
- Enabling self-sufficiency in the product organization by setting clear guardrails, goals, and metrics to support the actions taken to manage their respective product value streams.
- Mentoring individual product members to ensure the success of their assigned product value streams as well as their individual career success.
Contribute to the development and implementation of division goals and objectives, policies, standards, procedures, and budgets.
Ensure that appropriate procedures, budget, staffing, and training are in place to provide for operational effectiveness.
Sets and communicates performance and behavioral expectations, training and development plans, provides regular feedback on employee performance, and acts as necessary to improve performance and behavior.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 10 or more years of progressive leadership experience in product management in software development.
- Prior demonstrated expertise in agile methodologies and working within a matrixed organization.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Experience establishing or refining a product organization.
Day one health, dental, and vision insurance
401k plan with 4% basic employer contribution and 100% employer match contribution up to 6%
Vacation, sick, holiday and volunteer time off
Life and disability insurance
Flexible spending account
Free on-site gym and fitness classes
Free identity theft protection
Company-sponsored social and philanthropy events