System Safety Engineer
The Systems Safety Engineer reports directly to the Vice President, Safety, Risk and Accessible Services Management. This position is responsible for safety related project management and technical analysis, such as, Preliminary Hazard Analysis, System Hazard Analysis, Subsystem Hazard Analysis, and Operating and Support Hazard Analysis for projects at the Federal, State, Regional and local levels. This position is responsible for delivering on the responsibilities assigned in a timely manner. The Systems Safety Engineer will be instrumental in the development of new proposals. The successful candidate will have strong analytical and technical skills as well as effective communication skills.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Management or related field. Related experience may be substituted on a year to year basis up to four (4) years.
• Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in system design/analysis for highly reliable or safety critical activities including three (3) years implementing, managing and enforcing safety programs, preferably in the transportation industry.
• Experience in Project Management including experience with project related software.
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP), WSO – CSM, CSS, CHMT I or II, or RSD preferred.
• Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) by the Project Management Institute preferred.
Salary Range: $78,873 TO $98,591 ANNUALLY
CAPITAL METRO IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Consider joining the team that keeps one of the best and fastest growing cities in the nation moving!