The Regional Coordination Planner will conduct planning activities for the purpose of furthering the regional connectivity between multiple transportation service providers and health and human service agencies in the region. The planner will facilitate connectivity between all providers and will work towards the seamless integration of transportation. This integration will focus on elements such as connections and transfers, fares, informational materials and hours of operation. These efforts will be applied to existing Capital Area Rural Transportation System (CARTS) and Capital Metro fixed route and Americans with Disability Act (ADA) paratransit services, human service provider transportation and any new services regardless of the operator. This position works closely with the Capital Metro Trip Planning Specialist, CARTS AGM/Paratransit Services, Capital Metro Planners and MetroAccess and assists in the planning of services for improved connectivity and customer convenience. The Regional Coordination Planner reports directly to the Manager, Regional Coordination Planning.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines: Urban or Regional Planning, Transportation Planning, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Geography, Social Services and/or relevant discipline. Related experience may substitute for educational requirements on a year for year basis for up to four (4) years.
• Four (4) years of experience in transit planning.
• Two (2) years of experience in presentations to public groups and governing boards.
• Experience in interpreting and applying federal and state transportation and accessibility regulations including ADA compliance.
• Strong PC skills, including experience using email, word-processing, spreadsheet and database software.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
• Valid Drivers’ License.
Salary Range: $54,057 TO $67,571/YR
CAPITAL METRO IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.Consider joining the team that keeps one of the best and fastest growing cities in the nation moving!