Public Information & Marketing Program Manager
Austin Bergstrom International Airport
||Public Information & Marketing Program Manager
|Job Requisition Number
||Administration - Public Info
Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, or related field plus six (6) years of work experience two (2) of which were in a lead or supervisory capacity.
A Master’s degree may substitute for two years of the required non-supervisory experience.
Experience may substitute for the education up to the maximum of four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
|Notes to Applicants
A detailed and complete employment application is required to help us better evaluate your qualifications and will be used to determine salary if you are selected for this position. Please list your complete employment history (to include all job duties responsibilities and employment dates) on your online application. The application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered (e.g., “see resume” or “see Linked In Profile”). Resumes will not be used to qualify for the position and will not be used to recommend salary. Supplemental information or changes to your application will not be accepted after the job posting closes. The responses to the supplemental questions inquiring about experience should be reflected on your application.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old, and if required for the position, or if driving a City vehicle or a personal vehicle for City business, hold a current applicable driver’s license, and have no more than six (6) points assessed on Driver Record Evaluation (DRE). Please review the City of Austin Driving Standards to assess your driving record. DRE will be verified through the Department of Public Safety. If driving is required for the position, or if driving a City vehicle or a personal vehicle for City business, job offer is contingent on having a driving record that meets the City’s Driver Record Evaluation Standards.
Veteran candidates will be required to provide a copy of their DD214 at the time of interview.
Top candidate will be subject to a minimum 10 year criminal history background check and security threat assessment. Statement is considered a disqualifying question for all positions.
This position will require a writing skills assessment.
Must have the ability to read, write, and fluently speak English.
Must meet the essential physical requirements of the position with or without accommodation which are as follow: Sit for long periods of time to perform computer tasks utilizing hand and fingers. Ability to communicate clearly in order to answer phones and provide/communicate information to news media; Walk, stand, climb stairs and ladders, kneel, and bend from waist to perform physical work including retrieving storage and/or filing materials. React quickly, physically and mentally, in response to unexpected events and / or emergencies; Use eyes for reading both near and far; Utilize mental capacity to make sound decision in fast paced environment; Mental agility and ability to handle high volume of inquiries, frequent; Interruptions and stressful fast paced environment; Must possess the physical and mental capacity to safely operate motor vehicle during daytime and / or night time.
GOOD STANDING – DEPARTMENT/DIVISION POSTINGS:
Employees, in Good Standing, who are candidates within the department/division that the position resides in and who meet the minimum and preferred qualifications (if any) of the position will be included in the initial interview. Department/division employee must remain in Good Standing through the Top Candidate Selection phase at which time the Good Standing status will be re-verified.
CLOSE JOB POSTING:
Overtime may be required with or without notice.
Please note that the Department may close the job posting at any time after 7 days.
$32.84 – $42.63
- Mondays-Fridays 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Shift may change according to departmental needs. Work hours may include after hours, holidays, and weekend work.
|Job Close Date
|Type of Posting
|Grant Funded or Pooled Position
||3600 Presidential Blvd., Austin, TX 78719
- Crisis Management
- Digital marketing and social media management
- Live, on-camera experience
- Spanish proficiency
- Valid Texas Drivers License
|Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Develops corporate communications plans/strategies, policy development and implementation.
2. Reviews legislation and recommends changes.
3. Develops program budget and guidelines.
4. Develops and coordinate programs/projects.
5. Develops long-range business and marketing plans. Conducts market research.
6. Develops and implement procedures, policies and guidelines.
7. Designs, writes and edits publications for internal or external use.
8. Acts as official spokesperson for program or division (including crisis situations). Serves as liaison for department with various agencies, other city departments, city council, and other city government officials, private businesses, outside vendors, community leaders, community groups, and the general public. Serves as point of contact for city departments.
9. Conducts public education programs and presentations. Writes and follow-up on news releases.
10. Participates in bidding processes/negotiate contracts.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling and recommendation for dismissal.
Manages two major programs or one major program and one supervisor; or manages two supervisors.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of public information, marketing, public relations, media relations and public involvement programs.
- Knowledge of the functions and organization of municipal government, to include the relationships between departments, divisions and agencies.
- Knowledge of the principles associated with the role of meeting the necessary standards of customer service.
- Knowledge of fiscal planning and budget preparation.
- Knowledge of supervisory and managerial techniques and methods.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in using computers and related software.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Ability to interpret policies and guidelines.
- Ability to develop, coordinate and implement programs.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other City employees and the public.
|Criminal Background Investigation
||This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
|Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within
||the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The minimum qualifications for Public Information & Marketing Program Manager include: Graduation from an accredited four (4) college or university with major coursework in Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, or related field plus six (6) years of work experience two (2) of which were in a lead or supervisory capacity. A Master's degree may substitute for two years of the required non-supervisory experience. Experience may substitute for the education up to the maximum of four (4) years. Do you meet the minimum qualifications for the position?
- * Do you have experience in crisis management?
- * Do you have experience in digital marketing and social media management?
- * Briefly describe your experience responding to print reporters and being interviewed on the radio and on camera by television news media.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have any Spanish proficiency?
- Yes - Can read.
- Yes - Can read and speak.
- Yes - Can read, speak, and write.
- * Do you have a Texas Class C driver's license or the ability to acquire within 90 days of hire?
- * The Transportation Security Administration (TSA-division of the USA Dept. of Homeland Security) requires all employees of the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport to pass a minimum 10-year criminal background investigation and security threat assessment. Do you agree to a minimum 10-year criminal background investigation and security threat assessment?
Optional & Required Documents