The Program Manager IV, Rail Systems develops policy, organizes, and directs the implementation and operation of the Authority’s railway systems, architecture, and technology, to include positive train control, signals, communications, network, and fiber optic backbone infrastructure (when implemented). This is a senior position within the rail department and is expected to lead, organize, and administer the agency’s systems and technologies through policy, governance, and a demonstration of technical core competencies in the areas assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Electrical Systems Technology, Information Systems or related field. An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the above stated minimums on a year for year basis.
• Eight (8) years progressive railroad and /or rail transit signal and communication or rail vehicle systems maintenance and engineering experience including three (3) years of supervisory experience.
• Project Management Professional certification or the ability to obtain a PMP within 24 months of employment.
• Railroad and or Rail Transit Systems Project Management experience.
• Professional Engineer License preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
• Experience investigating railroad accidents and false clear signals.
• Experience in designing, installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and testing office, wayside, cab, and grade crossing warning signal systems consisting of relay and processors.
Salary Range: $99,810 TO $129,753/YR
CAPITAL METRO IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.Consider joining the team that keeps one of the best and fastest growing cities in the nation moving!