Procurement Specialist III
Procurement Specialist III
Development Activities (Research, Content, Scheduling, Project Planning)
- Develops content for solicitations using established best practices methods including researching resource materials.
- Engages agency stakeholders in content review and development; coordinates updates to content based on stakeholder feedback.
- Prepares all exhibits and appendices for publication with other solicitation documents.
- Develops and coordinates standardized processes for upcoming solicitations utilizing standard project management practices, tools, methodologies, and templates.
- Identifies project planning objectives, determines feasibility of project scope, develops project plans and coordinates project plan milestones.
- Develops project charters and maintains project plan schedule data.
- Prioritizes and schedules project tasks and objectives.
- Identifies potential project risks and develops appropriate mitigation and contingency plans of action and successfully implements them, if necessary.
- Coordinates agency-wide kickoff meeting for all key stakeholders and coordinates agency's evaluators from appropriate divisions.
Response Evaluation Activities
- Develops and submits all required notifications including Electronic State Business Daily and Texas Register.
- Performs the functions necessary for the successful launch of the solicitation’s publication (i.e., template development, finalize appendices, etc.), including any necessary supplemental data.
- Establishes document security and provides access to information from requesting Vendors.
- Monitors ERS’ iVendor mailbox; processes and coordinates the timely delivery of Vendor notifications and responses to Vendors (i.e., bid announcements, responses to iVendor inquiries, etc.).
Bid Recommendation Activities
- Develops evaluation matrices used to score or grade Vendors’ proposals.
- Reviews Vendors’ proposals to determine compliance with all solicitation and contract requirements.
- Manages clarification response process.
- Coordinates webinar, face-to-face interviews, site visits, reference checks and similar presentations, as necessary, and records minutes as required.
- Ensures evaluation grids for all Subject Matter Experts (SME) are up-to-date and accurate.
- Finalizes Master Evaluation Grid.
Contract and Post-Contract Award Activities
- Coordinates meetings with Executive Office and agency stakeholders with regard to Vendor selection.
- Assists in the development of recommendation documentation that may include Board Recommendation, preparation of Public Agenda items, Recommendation Memo, or other like documentation.
- Works with Office of General Counsel to finalize the clarifications, appendices, and other documentation that constitute the Contractual Agreement.
- Processes all post-award Vendor mail notifications (contract selection decision, responses to iVendor inquiries, etc.).
- Assists in the coordination of new Vendor orientation and contract implementation efforts as necessary.
- Facilitates a lessons learned session with key stakeholders to identify opportunities for process improvements and address best practices.
- Schedules post-contract award Vendor conference calls, as necessary.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Escalates critical issues for timely resolutions; negotiates time and resource commitments for project teams.
- Develops and assists in the preparation of administrative reports, studies, PowerPoint presentations, and specialized research projects.
- Assists with updates and maintenance of program policies and procedures.
- Assists in Board Rule reviews and updates.
- May serve as the backup to the division’s Records Coordinator or Assistant Records Coordinator.
- May serve as an administrative resource for the Division.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
- Complies with all applicable agency policies and procedures, including safety and standards of conduct.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university. Each year of related experience above the required minimum may substitute for one (1) year of required college credit.
- Two (2) years’ experience performing work as a proposal writer, purchaser, contract manager, contract administrator, paralegal, legal assistant or related experience.
- Two (2) years’ advanced writing experience.
- Submit a professional writing sample in an electronic format to email@example.com.
- Solid experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
6. College coursework in a field relevant to the job position.
CTPM or CTCD certification. Individuals who do not have this certification must obtain it within eighteen (18) months of hire date. Must maintain valid certification for continued employment in position. CTCM certification. Individuals who do not have this certification must obtain it within eighteen (18) months of hire date. Must maintain valid certification for continued employment in position.
Other Information: Work is performed in an office environment. May be required to work overtime on occasion. This position may require access to privileged, confidential or sensitive data. Some travel may be required: low frequency. Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Codes
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with experience in the Military Occupational Specialty Codes listed below along with the minimum qualifications listed above may meet the minimum requirements and are highly encouraged to apply. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com with questions or for additional information.
11B – Infantryman
OS – Operations Specialist
641X – LDO Administration
205 – Operation Specialist
0111 – Administrative Specialist
8005 – Special Assignment Officer
8U000 – Unit Deployment Manager
86M0 – Operations Management
Additional Military Crosswalk information specific to this posting can be accessed at the State Auditor’s office link below. Compare the Class Number in the ERS job posting to the Class Code on the State Auditor’s Office listing of job descriptions. The Military Crosswalk appears under Occupational Category for each job description.
Job Posting Information
Commensurate with experience
Job Posting Number
Open Until Closed
Number of Openings
To apply for positions at the Employees Retirement System of Texas, a State of Texas Application and ERS Qualifications Form are required. To access these forms and for more information on how to apply, visit our career page.
- Application for Employment
- Application Instructions
- ERS Qualifications Form
- Veteran’s Preference Certification
- Helpful Tips
Mail applications to
Employees Retirement System
P. O. Box 13207
Austin, Texas 78711-3207
Attn: Human Resources Department
(TDD): (800) 735-2989
HR Fax Line
The Employees Retirement System of Texas is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability. ERS hiring decisions are based on predetermined selection criteria. ERS strives to hire the best-suited applicant for each vacancy. You will greatly increase your chances for securing an interview by taking the time to provide clear, detailed information on your application and on the ERS Qualifications Form.