Political & Programs Manager
Annie’s List is a political action committee whose vision is to achieve equality for women by changing the face of power in Texas.
We do this by recruiting, training, supporting and electing pro-choice women who are dedicated to advancing the self determination, health, safety and financial security of Texas women and their families.
By electing progressive, pro-choice women and changing the face of power in Texas, Annie’s List promotes an agenda which:
- Protects reproductive rights for women
- Provides affordable and accessible healthcare for all Texas families
- Creates equitable economic opportunities, wages and working conditions for women
- Prevents violence against women and children and assists those who do become victims
- Supports quality public education for all children
The Annie’s List Political and Programs Manager is a temporary position (May – November 2018) to support the political and programmatic work of Annie’s List during the mid-term elections. The role reports jointly to the Political Director and Programs Director. Annie’s List is a small team, so the right candidate must be prepared to engage with all departments as necessary. The right candidate will be flexible, hardworking and able to build and maintain relationships around the state.
Our mission is not only to win races, but to build a bench of candidates and political staff who are ready to do so. The position requires adherence to strict confidentiality guidelines regarding information gained in the course of employment. Annie’s List operates much like a full service political consultancy and provides a broad range of services to candidates, campaigns, incumbents and political staff. The Political and Programs Manager will play a critical role providing support to candidates and engaging various stakeholders during this election cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop communications for supporting programs and candidates
- Coordinate involvement with Annie’s List Steering Committees on behalf of our endorsed candidates
- Track and consult with campaigns; prepare updates for multiple stakeholders
- Support training programs by
- Coordinating participation and scheduling with presenters
- Preparing and delivering presentations on topics related to field, finance and communications
- Recruiting new participants
- Represent Annie’s List at events supporting our mission and our candidates
- Coordinate outreach with allied organizations
- Curate and/or conduct political research to support current and future elections
Skills & Attributes Preferred
- At least 2 cycles of campaign experience OR 1 cycle as a campaign manager on a competitive legislative race
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Familiarity with NGP, VAN and Google Apps
- Proficiency in political data management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to solve problems and manage time
- Strong understanding of Texas politics
- Experience in a trusted position on a competitive campaign
- Self-starter and the ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Ability to travel and work nontraditional hours
- Team player
- Proven commitment to excellence in the workplace
Salary competitive in the market and based on experience
To apply send your cover letter, resume, recommendations and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line “Political and Programs Manager”.
This job posting is not intended to be all inclusive. Annie’s List reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises.
Annie’s List is committed to diversity among staff, and recognizes that continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Annie’s List is an equal opportunity employer and it is standard policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity, physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Annie’s List will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and such conduct is strictly prohibited.