Multimedia Video Journalist
Univision is seeking a talented Multi Media Video Journalist based in Austin, Texas with KAKW Noticias Univision 62.
The successful candidate will responsible for the development and production of content for our early and late newscasts. Content is centered on news that informs, educates, empowers and entertains the Central Texas Region. He or she will need to be well versed for storytelling and able to maximize the usage of multimedia resources too.
This position requires fine writing and video recording & editing skills, as well as a strong journalistic instinct with an eye for stories, people and trends creating a buzz in the community.
Candidates should be creative thinkers able to conceptualize interactive projects for broadcast and online components for our news digital promotion.
This individual must be a strategic and creative thinker, a self-starter, and a collaborator willing to learn and share ideas.
- Strategize with members of the News team to develop daily content for Austin local media and our affiliates
- Ability to shoot, write and edit your own stories and present a live report daily
- Maintain a sharp news judgment and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Cover additional assignments (VO/SOTs) while producing daily reports
- Be pro-active at meeting daily deadlines
- Pitch story ideas
- Develop news contacts
- Drive and operate a live van
- Collaborate with the execution of the newscast by operating a teleprompter, audio board, chyron, and video playback machine when needed
- Participate in station’s special events and social media pages
- Job responsibilities and market noted above subject to change
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, in Journalism, Communications/New Media
- 2-year newsroom experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Fully bilingual in English and Spanish
- Impeccable verbal and written skills in Spanish
- Excellent on camera presentation (ad-lib skills)
- Candidate must be able to make sound decisions while working under extreme deadlines and must have the ability to follow directions and incorporate constructive criticism into work results
- Experience with digital narrative
- Background on television production and news operations
- Knowledge of Latino issues
- Understanding of online communities and the impact of social media
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Flexible and able to work both as a team member and independently
- Flexible with schedules and able to work under pressure
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Eligible to work in the United States
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience creating media for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube to generate followers and traffic
- Must be willing to work from an office in Austin, TX.
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Physical Requirements (optional)
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, and sit for up to (8) hours
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds for extended periods of time