|United Way for Greater Austin
The Director of Marketing and Communications will develop and implement compelling marketing communication plans to target current and potential donors and community partners to raise brand awareness. The Director serves as the leader of all marketing efforts for United Way requiring an understanding of public relations, marketing strategies, sales and diverse, inclusive and equitable communication. This individual brings big picture ideas to the table, guides staff and ultimately serves to create strategic propositions to increase community engagement.
- Create and implement a marketing and communications strategy and operating plans that align with United Way’s strategy and objectives
- Manage the marketing and communications operational budget, ensuring alignment of resources to meet organizational priorities.
- Provide guidance, insight, knowledge about the market trends and the effectiveness of the marketing strategy. Track and evaluate the impact of marketing communications initiatives.
- Lead market research efforts to better understand the donor
- Collaborate and motivate with a proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Strategic mindset, but must be able to execute at a tactical level with an ability to manage tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with high ethical standards and integrity to interact with a range of people at various levels
- Experience developing media strategy, pitching/managing press events and executing PR campaigns
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, print layout, design, production
- Collaborate with the CEO and senior leadership to develop communications strategies that will maintain and increase community engagement
- Supervise the editing of all written materials to ensure that they meet the expected level of excellence for content, grammar, and style
- Assist in the design and editing of employer communications such as the annual renewal package to ensure clarity and accuracy of information and instructions
- Integrate marketing and communications goals with programmatic and fundraising goals – follows best practices and experiment
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations required; Graduate degree in a related field is desirable
- Minimum of five years of experience with demonstrated success, preferably in the nonprofit sector
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead, mentor and motivate staff to function as a unit
- Experienced in brand management, ensuring consistent brand communication across multiple channels
- Strategic thinker with a track record of success using an entrepreneurial approach
- Support continuing advertising and public relations activities, including collecting content and data for planning purposes as well as the of activities
- Create an Inbound marketing strategy to drive opportunities to Strive via SEO, landing pages, blog, Facebook, various social media outlets, etc.
- Use results from reporting and analysis to adapt and drive decisions in a way that yields sustained, measurable results
- Develop and execute a cohesive cross-channel marketing calendar that ties together marketing events and objectives for all departments
- Manage content creation for all collateral, social media, public relations, marketing events
- Develop an editorial calendar and establish systems and introduces tools that others can use and follow, with or without a leader
- Monitor, measure and analyze the effectiveness of marketing initiatives (SEO, SEM, and PPC) as they relate to the overall company's goals; Provides and presents all data to executive management
- Identify, vet and coordinate high-profile speaking engagements for senior leaders to enhance our reputation in priority areas
- Coordinate media interviews and speaking engagements for senior leaders; develop briefing materials and staff interviews/appearances
- Support overall org communications and reputation management efforts, liaising with PR team on media events and opportunities where appropriate
- Develop and maintain corporate messaging and other materials, ensuring consistency and tone.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with industry trade and business journalists; support proactive and reactive media relations efforts for the team
To Apply: https://www.unitedwayaustin.org/about/careers/