The Clinician is responsible for assessment, treatment, development and implementation of the therapeutic component of the program.
- Conduct intake interviews and assess client and family needs.
- Prepare goal-oriented diagnostic assessments, service plans, and progress reports.
- Facilitate client groups on social and behavioral issues.
- Provide information to client and family regarding community resources.
- Provide case consultation with the JJAEP team
- Provide one-on-one counseling, and/or crisis intervention to clients.
Regular and punctual attendance.
- Attend weekly staffing with school staff to review clients’ progress and program compliance.
- Proper documentation of counseling sessions and services provided in ETO.
- Ensure that all documentation is also filed in hard copy client file and is accessible for review.
- Maintain communication with Parole/Probation Officers, Program Director, school personnel and community caseworkers.
- Record client Touchpoints in ETO by prescribed deadlines if applicable.
- Facilitate conflict resolution sessions as needed.
- Provide quality assurance support and supervision as needed.
- Conduct staff trainings as needed.
- Role model appropriate methods of verbal de-escalation.
- Role model appropriate methods of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
- Collaborate with outside agencies and universities
- Must possess clinical assessment and treatment skills and the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in clinical social work, counseling or other mental health field, or clinical or counseling psychologist.
- Must be fully certified as an LPC or LMSW
- Prefer two years of supervisory training or experience.
- Any educational or experiential qualifications to be considered as equivalent, in lieu of the above minimums require prior approval of the Regional Executive Director.
- Cleared background check from appropriate entity.
TJJD requires professional licensure.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee is required to bend, hold, grasp, turn, or otherwise work with hand or hands. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds. Must be capable of acquiring Handle With Care Certification and CPR certification applying techniques as needed.
General office environment with moderate noise. This position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for extended periods of time. A busy environment with many unscheduled interruptions. Frequent computer use at workstation for extended periods of time. Public contact position requiring appropriate business apparel.