Intern - Government Relations
The Intern position reports directly to the Government Relations Manager. This position assists with legislative research, and projects for the Government Relations Team.
- Monitor and report on legislative committee hearings as needed
- Monitor state and local meetings on a regular basis
- Assist Capital Metro staff with preparing for the upcoming legislative session
- Assist in outreach efforts to local, state, and federal stakeholders
- Complete monthly and as needed data reports.
- Perform general office duties as needed.
- Assist on special projects as assigned with the opportunity to pursue policy areas
- Full-time, upper division student currently enrolled in Government, Public Administration, Policy Development, or a related degree program.
- One (1) year experience in an office environment and policy making processes.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Detail oriented
- Proficient ability to utilize the Windows Operating System including Word, Excel, and Explorer.
- Must be able to work both cooperatively in a team environment and efficiently in an unsupervised environment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work produced.
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to accurately and concisely summarize complex information
- Working knowledge of research methods and techniques
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups
- Knowledge of Capital Metro services
CAPITAL METRO IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
PAY RATE: 11.00 - 18.00 - HOURLY
APPLY NOW https://capmetro.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/13?c=capmetro