|Posting Title||Heating & Refrigeration Mechanic I/II|
|Job Requisition Number||COA079571|
|Division Name||Aviation- Building Maintenance|
Education and Experience:
Completion of accredited training in air conditioning and refrigeration systems may substitute for one year of the required experience.
Must possess Texas Class C driver license in good standing.
Continuous outdoor activity, frequent sitting, standing, walking, squatting, bending, twisting upper body, climbing, exposure to extreme heat, cold, noise, mechanical hazards, fume/odor hazards, occasional kneeling, crawling, carrying up to 50 lbs., lifting up to 50lbs., client/ customer contact, indoor activity, exposure to electrical hazards, explosive hazards, biological hazards, dust/mites hazards. May require employee to be medically cleared to wear respirator.
|Notes to Applicants||
This position will be filled at multiple levels: Heating & Refrigeration Mechanic I ($17.11-$21.29) or Heating & Refrigeration
ON-CALL/CALL BACK RESPONSIBILITIES:
CLOSE JOB POSTING:
GOOD STANDING – DEPARTMENT/DIVISION POSTINGS:
HVAC I – $ 17.11– $ 21.29
|Job Close Date||02/14/2019|
|Type of Posting||External|
|Grant Funded or Pooled Position||Not Applicable|
|Location||ABIA 3600 Presidential Blvd|
Heating & Refrigeration Mechanic I:
|Duties, Functions and Responsibilities||
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Operates, maintains, troubleshoots, diagnoses and repairs heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, ice machines, and other equipment.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training and guidance to others.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
|Criminal Background Investigation||This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.|
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
|Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within||the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * This position requires high School graduation or GED, plus two years experience in building maintenance or repair which included HVAC, plumbing or electrical work. One year of relevant work experience may substitute for one year of the required education with a maximum substitution of four years. Completion of approved course of training in air conditioning and refrigeration systems may substitute for one year of the required experience. Licenses and Certifications Required: None. Do you meet the minimum qualifications for this position?
- * Do you have one (1) year of experience in repair and maintenance of commercial heating, ventilation, air conditioning systems and an EPA refrigerant recovery certification?
- * Do you have three (3) years of experience in repair and maintenance of commercial heating, ventilation, air conditioning systems?
- * Are you a registered HVAC Technician with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation?
- * Do you have a valid Texas Class C driver’s license or the ability to acquire by hire date?
- * The Transportation Security Administration (TSA-division of the USA Dept. of Homeland Security) requires all employees of the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport to pass a minimum 10-year criminal background investigation and security threat assessment. Do you agree to a minimum 10-year criminal background investigation and security threat assessment?
Optional & Required Documents