Fundraising Project Management Consultant
Texas CASA is looking to contract an individual who will provide assistance to the fund development team in identifying and securing third party fundraising partnerships with businesses that have a presence in the Austin area and statewide. The goal is to develop an additional unrestricted revenue stream for Texas CASA, as well as to continue raising awareness and understanding of CASA in the community. We want to be selected as the 'charity of choice' for partner hosted benefit events and campaigns including grand openings, holiday parties, launch parties, workplace giving, profit sharing, cause marketing and more.
This contract opportunity will require:
· 15 hours per week during the hours 8:00 AM-5: 00 PM
· Weekly check-in calls as needed
· Ongoing email correspondence during business hours
The consultant will be responsible for strategic outreach to the area and statewide businesses in an effort to secure commitments with Texas CASA as their designated beneficiary of special events or workplace campaigns. This role will focus on identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of these third-party partners through in-person meetings, phone calls and email correspondence.
75% remote / 25% in office
The consultant can be based outside of Austin.
The consultant will work collaboratively with the Texas CASA fund development team and provide strategic, personal outreach to businesses in the Austin area and statewide identified as third-party fundraising prospects.
D. Contract Summary
Services rendered and deliverables include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Create a one-year written plan to engage and secure funds from at least 15 third party partners in the business community in the Austin area and statewide
· Ongoing communication through in-person meetings, phone calls, and email with fund development staff team to monitor leads, feedback from the community and progress on goals set forth in the plan
F. Minimum Qualifications
· Background check may be required
· Bachelor's degree, working experience with Child Protection, experience in community outreach or nonprofit fundraising and/or marketing
· Willingness and ability to travel
· Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Additional Desired Qualifications
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 environment
· Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
· Critical thinking skills to identify likely community partners and approach prospects strategically
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong attention to detail and organization skills
· Project management skills and ability to respond to internal and external requests
· Ability to consistently demonstrate professionalism in working with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally
E. Deliverables and Duties
G. Contract Details
· The contract begins October 2018 and continues until August 31, 2019, with two weeks’ notice required for contract termination during the contract period.
· Contract pay rate negotiable upon receipt of proposal and qualifications. Travel and expenses included in the hourly rate. Proof of hours to be billed and paid on a monthly basis.
· Completion of contract deliverables and duties within the contract scope are required for contract payment.
H. How to Submit a Proposal
Please submit the following documents no later than close of business (5:00 PM CST) on September 1, 2018, to Kara Hobbs at email@example.com.
· Cover letter and resume
· Project proposal for 10/1/18 - 8/31/19
About the Organization:
Our Vision: Texas CASA envisions a safe and positive future for all Texas
Our Mission: The mission of Texas CASA is to support local CASA volunteer advocacy programs and to advocate for effective public policy for children in the child protection system.
The CASA Way: We have an uncompromising belief that we will achieve what others think is impossible, and each of us is an essential part of the solution.
Texas CASA is an inclusive, welcoming and affirming organization; and we are committed to our goal of ensuring the highest quality advocacy possible for all children in the child protection system. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any individual, employee or applicant on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, sex, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, or veteran or citizenship status.
Texas CASA is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt nonprofit organization as
defined in the Internal Revenue Code.
1501 West Anderson Lane
Austin, TX 78757
About the Proposed Work:
· A practical approach that describes how you will carry out the tasks outlined above.
· A written explanation of your understanding/experience of the importance of this position to Texas CASA as a whole.
References and Sample:
· A summary of your recent and relevant projects. Resumes accepted.
· A visual sample of your work (PowerPoint, flowchart, infographic, etc.)
· Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of three individuals whom we can contact as references.
Fees and Quotation
Submit a firm estimate of the fees to be charged and an estimate of expenses that would be incurred.
For questions regarding the contract or proposal please email Kara Hobbs at
Khobbs@texascasa.org. Selection will be completed by October 1, 2018, by a
committee at Texas CASA.