Performs On-call or scheduled after hours work as required.
- Provides day to day management, administration, troubleshooting and validation of ERS backups, including associated hardware (ATL, VTL, Tapes) and software. This includes planning and managing capacity, security, reliability and patching of this infrastructure.
- Provides day to day management, administration, and troubleshooting of the workload automation/job scheduling environment and the processes which automate ERS production, including review and integration of jobs, automation monitoring, support of jobs and users, and upgrades, patching and management of the job scheduling infrastructure and software as needed.
- Provides day to day management, administration, and troubleshooting of file transfer services and core encryption services, including key and account management, transferring data in and out of the environment, and upgrades, patching and management of the file transfer and encryption services infrastructure and software as needed.
- Design, write, test, implement, and maintain scripts as needed to automate the production environment and support other requirements and job duties.
- Provides day to day management, administration, and troubleshooting of IBM AIX hardware platform and AIX/Linux operating systems, including planning and managing capacity, security, reliability and patching of this infrastructure.
- Provides day to day management, administration, and troubleshooting of SAN and NAS environments, including switch and cable hardware and software configurations, planning and managing capacity, security, upgrades, patching and reliability of this infrastructure.
- Researches, assesses and evaluates new and developing technologies to determine suitability for current and future agency enterprise computing needs. Participates in the selection, design, implementation, and administration of computer equipment, including VMware, AIX, Windows and Linux Servers, Data Storage Systems, and Backup Systems as well as the systems software that runs on those servers.
- Develops and documents best practices and operating procedures pertaining to these systems and services.
- Develop and maintain Disaster Recovery technical design documentation. Perform post event assessment of each DR test and update the DR plan to improve RTO/RPO.
- Guide and provide work direction to the DR team, which consists of ERS employees and contractors, both prior to the test and during the test.
- Perform at least one DR test each year. Incorporate changes to the BIA into the most current DR plan and test those changes, as well as testing existing critical business functions.
- Publish DR test results to management.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- May participate in the administration of computer systems, including Windows, Active Directory and VMWare and associated systems software.
- May participate in the selection, design, implementation, and administration of enterprise applications and services including Configuration Management, and Monitoring solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in data processing, computer science, computer information systems, management information systems or a related field. Each year of related experience may be substituted for one year (30 semester hours) of required college credit.
- Four (4) years’ experience in systems analysis/support, including at least two (2) years’ experience directly administering and supporting AIX or similar operating systems (Linux, Solaris, HP/UX), preferably in an environment supporting Oracle applications and database servers.
- Strong understanding of networking including routing, subnets, VLANs, firewalls, DNS, and DHCP.
Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
4. Experience managing SAN fabrics including the use of zone configurations, preferably including experience with Brocade fiber-channel switches.
5. Experience managing backups products, including the use of Automated Tape Libraries, preferably including experience with Veeam and/or EMC Networker.
6. Experience with job control environment, preferably with IBM Workload Scheduler.
7. Experience managing enterprise-grade storage systems.
8. Experience with SSH, LDAP or NIS, Apache, cron, and shell scripting.
Work is performed in an office environment. Shift work between the hours of 7am and 6pm may be required to ensure on-site coverage during these times. Remote work may be required. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to email@example.com.
Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Codes
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with experience in the Military Occupational Specialty Codes listed below along with the minimum qualifications listed above may meet the minimum requirements and are highly encouraged to apply. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for additional information.
25B – Information Technology Specialist
255A – Information Protection Technician (Warrant)
IT – Information Systems Technician
682X – Information Personnel
275 – Information Systems Technician
26 – Information Resources Management
030 – Information Systems Management
3D0X4 – Computer Systems Programming
Additional Military Crosswalk information specific to this posting can be accessed at the State Auditor’s office link below. Compare the Class Number in the ERS job posting to the Class Code on the State Auditor’s Office listing of job descriptions. The Military Crosswalk appears under Occupational Category for each job description.