Director Project Connect
NO ON-LINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. SEE SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS.
Project Connect is the Central Texas regional high-capacity transit system plan, which is a multigenerational investment in our region’s future. The Program Officer for Project Connect is looking for an ideal candidate to move Project Connect from the planning phase to the implementation phase. This position will lead the development of environmental assessments and studies, preliminary engineering; and other activities related to Project Connect. All interested candidates are asked to contact Greg Moser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide direction and leadership to the project delivery staff, consultants and contractors.
- Coordinate the Project Connect implementation with other departments and divisions.
- Oversee the development of the work program including annual and long range operational requirements, including necessary staffing from Capital Metro operations in the review of design criteria, specifications, scheduled installation, testing, integration and hand off to operations.
- Responsible to coordinate utilization of right of way to facilitate installation and maintenance of the Project Connect system.
- Review and recommend changes to Capital Metro operations and maintenance standards, procedures and methods as a result of Project Connect.
- Oversee the development of proposals and technical specifications for consultants and contractors and maintains full understanding of all technical and regulatory matters affecting construction activities.
- Oversee the evaluation of and incorporation of comments for all plans by Operations and other stakeholders.
- Represent Capital Metro in project matters with the Federal Transit Administration, and in discussions with other state, county and municipal agencies.
- Manage completion of technical planning studies, environmental assessments and studies, preliminary engineering, and other related activities.
- Develop and review scheduling, preliminary cost, and scope of services, including development and review of project options and recommendations based on input of major stakeholders and the community.
- Ensure that all environmental, planning, design; and construction activities comply with appropriate Federal, State, and local regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Perform technical reviews of projects and prepares reports, analysis, and correspondence.
- Ensure a positive safety culture is maintained by supporting the health, safety, and security of employees within the department
- Make formal and informal presentations to the Capital Metro Board of Directors, staff, consultants, governmental agencies, and the general public on long-range planning issues and activities.
SUPERVISOR AND/OR LEADERSHIP EXERCISED:
Manages department personnel by planning, scheduling, delegating and overseeing employee work assignments, authorizing, coordinating, and scheduling work with vendors and consultants, conducting personnel actions, including, hiring and interviewing, and overseeing hiring, training, work assignments, and performance evaluations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Project Management, or closely related field. Related experience may substitute for educational requirements on a year for year basis up to four (4) years.
- Eight (8) years progressively responsible experience with significant transportation planning and implementation, capital programs or closely related projects, including four (4) years of management experience.
- Significant experience making presentations to public groups and governing boards.
- Significant experience interpreting and applying Federal and local transportation planning processes, rules, and grant programs.
- Experience managing complex transportation projects.
- Experience with federal transportation funding programs and processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong collaborative and relationship-building skills required, must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with senior staff (internally and externally), policymakers and others who are positioned to help advance major planning projects and initiatives.
- Thorough knowledge of transit and transportation practices, particularly required processes and procedures for major transit investment projects, and knowledge of both bus and rail technologies and programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal and other requirements and processes with specific focus on Federal Transit Administration New Starts process and requirements.
- Excellent people and project management skills, including ability to manage both staff and consultant projects and activities.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to make persuasive and clear presentations to both internal and external audiences in potentially challenging situations.
All interested candidates are asked to contact Greg Moser at email@example.com.
CAPITAL METRO IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
SALARY RANGE: 110,000.00 - 130,000.00 - ANNUALLY
APPLY NOW https://capmetro.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/18?c=capmetro