Community Engagement Team Coordinator
The Community Engagement Team Coordinator reports directly to the Manager, Community Engagement. This position is responsible for Community Engagement Team projects and programs to develop, maintain, and strengthen community relationships. This is accomplished through a program of work in three (3) general areas: Community engagement in Agency Decision-Making, Community Liaison, and Community Engagement Programs.
- Lead community engagement projects and programs designed to promote understanding and reach informed consent on issues related to Capital Metro policies, projects, and services. Ensure adherence to project and program timelines and achievement of goals.
- Lead inter-departmental teams to ensure the integration of community engagement efforts with other Capital Metro departments and partner transportation organizations.
- Coordinate community meetings and events.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing and Communications to assist in design and develop materials for dissemination to the public at large.
- Work with the community to understand how issues and problems impact the public, engage the community in the process of identifying and analyzing various alternatives for addressing problems, and obtaining community input and feedback on recommended alternatives.
- Communicate community engagement results to executive staff and Board of Directors; as needed.
- Liaise with stakeholders (neighborhoods, businesses, community groups, institutions, etc.) to provide an active community presence for Capital Metro.
- Represent the organization in public and civic meetings, public hearings and in the course of official agency correspondence. This position requires a high degree of discretion in judgment and ability to determine the most optimal strategies that will result in the most benefit to Capital Metro.
- Troubleshoot operational issues, and recommend policy and procedure changes to improve customer satisfaction and increase community trust in Capital Metro.
- Conduct research and compile data on community issues: interview citizens, gather and analyze facts, opinions, concerns and community needs.
- Support Capital Metro’s safety culture by following safety and security policies, considering safety in every action, and reporting safety and security concerns
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Affairs, Public Relations, Planning, Communications or related field. Additional relevant experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four (4) years.
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in dealing with business, community or government relations, including researching and drafting responses to the public.
- One (1) year of relevant lead or supervisory experience, and use of PC-based word-processing and spreadsheet applications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of standard project management principles and methodologies.
- A high degree of discretion in judgment and ability to determine the most optimal action which will result in the most benefit to Capital Metro.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective organizational development and problem solving skills.
- Effective planning and strategic management skills.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to produce professional documents.
- Ability to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a diverse population.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred and ability to translate materials.
CAPITAL METRO IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SALARY RANGE: 54,057.00 - 67,571.00 - ANNUALLY
Apply now https://capmetro.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/9?c=capmetro