College Hub Program Coordinator
The College Hub, Austin’s first college support center for low-income nontraditional students, provides wraparound support services to help students get to and through college. Services include financial aid assistance, student support services, scholarships, and scholarship mentoring. We also offer a free college course in the Humanities called Free Minds. The College Hub is seeking a College Hub Coordinator who is passionate about higher education and helping people reach their goals. This position reports to the College Hub Manager.
• Provide one-on-one support to prospective and current college students, including assistance with financial aid applications (FAFSA and TASFA)
• Develop and implement operations procedures across multiple sites
• Hire, train, and supervise seasonal staff to prepare FAFSAs/TASFAs during peak financial aid season
• Coordinate College Hub participation at community and school events
• Ensure that the number of financial aid applications completed is on track with annual goals
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree and a combination of two years’ experience in admissions, student services, student personnel, or related field
• Strong communication skills (written, oral, and interpersonal) required
• Proficiency using standard office computer programs and databases
• Experience collecting, reporting, and using data to make strategic decisions
• Ability to work in a team while also handling individual day-to-day responsibilities independently
• Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish
• Experience developing and managing partnerships and relationships
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
Position Information: This is a full-time (40 hr/wk), year-round, benefits-eligible position consisting of daytime, evening and Saturday hours.
To Apply: Submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to type College Hub Program Coordinator in the email subject line. No phone calls or visits please.
Foundation Communities is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation & gender identity.