|Job Requisition Number||COA077951|
|Division Name||Aviation- Building Maintenance|
Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent, plus two years of experience as a journeyman carpenter
Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years.
Texas Class C Operator’s License or ability to obtain one within 90 calendar days of hire
|Notes to Applicants||
ON-CALL/CALL BACK RESPONSIBILITIES
GOOD STANDING – DEPARTMENT/DIVISION POSTINGS
CLOSE JOB POSTING
$15.55 – $19.35
Sunday thru Wednesday 3:30pm to 2:00am or Wednesday thru Saturday 3:30pm to 2:00am.
|Job Close Date||04/03/2018|
|Type of Posting||External|
|Grant Funded or Pooled Position||Not Applicable|
|Location||Austin Bergstrom International Airport|
3 Years of experience performing skilled carpentry and maintenance of a large commercial facility, to include working with metal stud construction, cabinet and counter-top fabrication, and mortise lock repair and installation.
|Duties, Functions and Responsibilities||
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Performs skilled Carpentry work in City-owned facilities
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Knowledge of materials, equipment, and procedures
|Does this job require a criminal background investigation?||This position requires a criminal background investigation|
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
|Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within||the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.|
To apply click here
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * This position requires a high school diploma or GED plus two (2) years of experience as a journeyman carpenter. Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years. Do you meet these minimum qualifications?
- * Do you have a valid Texas Class C driver’s license or the ability to acquire by hire date?
- * Please describe your experience (to includes dates) performing skilled carpentry and maintenance in a large commercial facility, to include working with metal stud construction, cabinet and countertop fabrication, and mortise lock repair and installation.
(Open Ended Question)
- * The Transportation Security Administration (TSA-division of the USA Dept. of Homeland Security) requires all employees of the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport to pass a minimum 10-year criminal background investigation and security threat assessment. Do you agree to a minimum 10-year criminal background investigation and security threat assessment?