Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It’s who we are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
We act with intentionality to connect people to our cause through our service and engagement principles. Every day we:
- Welcome – Smile greet members by name, introduce yourself.
- Connect – Ask questions, share a story, introduce them to other staff and members.
- Support – Affirm and encourage them, wish them well.
- Invite – Share opportunities to get involved and give back to the community.
Join us and help transform lives.
The YMCA of Austin Early Learning Readiness (ELR) programs are designed to help adult caregivers (moms, dads, grandparents, neighbors, nannies, etc.) and the children for whom they care. Program sessions last 15 weeks and are offered in both the Fall and the Spring. Participants will meet twice per week, for two hours each day at locations (north, south and east-central Austin).
We are looking to hire early childhood assistant teacher to work directly with the caregivers and the children at our sites. Staff would lead twice weekly sessions and would create models and implement program curriculum for adult caregivers and children. The fall semester program runs August through December, and the spring semester program runs January through May. Staff must be able to motivate and connect with all program participants. The position is open for bilingual Spanish/English facilitators only.
- Child care experience, especially infant & early childhood.
- Must commit to school year of work with the ELR program (both Fall and Spring).
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Experience or training in how to facilitate groups.
- Strong communication and group facilitation skills.
- Team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude.
- Reliable transportation and ability to transport materials to and from site.
- Must pass two criminal background checks.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
Approximately two classes a week Tues/Thurs classes 8:30 – 11:30 AM with an additional two Fridays per month for staff meeting and program field trip. On average, for those teaching at one location, would work an average of 6 hrs. per week. There are options to teach at multiple sites.
PAY RATE: $10.00 - $16.00 per hour, depending on experience and certifications
CPR, First Aid, Child Abuse Sexual Prevention, Bloodborne Pathogens (trainings provided after hiring)
- Great experience in early childhood education working with both caregivers and children
- Paid training hours
- Free CPR / FA certifications
- Steady weekly hours
- Individual membership to all YMCA's of Austin (over $600.00/year value);
- Voluntary 403b Retirement Account
To apply for this job, click here