|Posting Title||Administrative Specialist (Department Executive Assistant)|
|Job Requisition Number||COA077938|
|Division Name||Administration - Support|
Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Public Administration or in a field related to the job, plus four (4) years of administrative or professional experience
Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of four (4) years
|Notes to Applicants||
CLOSE JOB POSTING:
GOOD STANDING – DEPARTMENT/DIVISION POSTINGS:
$20.32 – $25.79/hr.
Core hours: Monday – Friday; 8 am – 5:00 pm
Work hours may occasionally include after hours, holidays and weekend work.
Must work evenings one day a month to take Airport Advisory Commission minutes.
|Job Close Date||03/26/2018|
|Type of Posting||External|
|Grant Funded or Pooled Position||Not Applicable|
|Location||3600 Presidential Blvd., Suite 411, Austin, TX 78719|
Experience City’s Banner Payroll System.
|Duties, Functions and Responsibilities||
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
|Does this job require a criminal background investigation?||This position requires a criminal background investigation|
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
|Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within||the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.|
To apply click here
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The minimum qualications for this position are graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or university with major coursework in Public Administration or in a field related to the job, plus four (4) years of administrative or professional experience. Education may be substituted year for year, up to a maximum of four (4) years of related experience. Do you meet these qualifications?
- * Please describe any experience with taking minutes at executive meetings and following up on action items from that meeting.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience in timekeeping or payroll with the City of Austin?
- * Do you have a valid Texas Class C driver’s license or the ability to acquire by hire date?
- * Which of the following best describes your proficiency with MS Word?
- Basic: create/edit basic documents, effectively use bullets and numbering functions, modify margins
- Intermediate/Advanced: create/edit documents, experienced with formatting, layout, developing forms, using tracked changes and comments
- * Indicate your highest skill level in Microsoft Excel.
- Beginner: skill level includes data entry, basic formatting (page setup, column width, etc.), creating spreadsheets, etc.
- Intermediate: skill level includes basic calculations, use of functions, complex formatting (cell manipulation, etc.), charts/graphs (static), etc.
- Advanced: skill level includes pivot tables, V Lookups, formula creation, use of functions for formula creation, etc.
- Expert: skill level includes macros creation, complex formula creation/manipulation, charts/graphs (dynamic), create database queries, etc.
- None of the above
- * Which of the following best describes your proficiency with Microsoft Outlook?
- Basic: able to send/receive emails and schedule calendar items
- Intermediate: able to reply/forward email, use mail options to mark messages as confidential/high priority, set up read receipts, send meeting notices, set up task lists
- Advanced: able to view calendar conflicts for multiple users, manage email/calendar for other users, set up rules & alerts, resend/recall emails, assign/track completion status of tasks
- I do not have experience with Microsoft Outlook, but have experience with a similar office productivity software such as Lotus Notes or Novell GroupWise
- I do not have experience with Microsoft Outlook
- * This position requires you to work at least one evening per month (possibly more) to work the Airport Advisory Committee meeting. Are you available to work evenings as requested?
- * Do you have experience writing policies and procedures or standard operating procedures (SOPs)?
- * Describe your expierence with the Legistar System, if you do not have this experience, put N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * The Transportation Security Administration (TSA-division of the USA Dept. of Homeland Security) requires all employees of the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport to pass a minimum 10-year criminal background investigation and security threat assessment. Do you agree to a minimum 10-year criminal background investigation and security threat assessment?