|Posting Title||Accountant III|
|Job Requisition Number||COA078109|
Licenses or Certifications:
|Notes to Applicants||
This posting will be for two (2) positions:
The AP position will supervise three staff and be responsible for: reviewing and approving payment documents to ensure compliance with purchasing policy, proper approvals and accuracy of accounting codes; maintaining invoice and payment logs; reviewing/reconciling vendor statements, and resolving discrepancies; reviewing / approving inventory & fixed asset accounting; reviewing financial statements and schedules to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and regulations; implementing internal controls; and explaining City policy to auditors and resolving audit issues. Payment documents may include invoices, credit card transactions, travel advances and claims, and petty cash.
CLOSE JOB POSTING
GOOD STANDING – DEPARTMENT/DIVISION POSTINGS
$28.95 – $37.50
Monday through Friday
|Job Close Date||05/17/2018|
|Type of Posting||External|
|Grant Funded or Pooled Position||Not Applicable|
|Location||3600 Presidential Blvd., Austin, TX 78719|
graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with an Accounting degree.
experience with grant applications, reports, reimbursements & closes; inventory & fixed assets.
Accounts Payable experience.
|Duties, Functions and Responsibilities||
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Knowledge of internal control systems.
|Does this job require a criminal background investigation?||This position requires a criminal background investigation|
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
The City of Austin will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, religion, veteran status, disability, or sexual orientation. In addition, the City will not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of an individual’s AIDS, AIDS Related Complex, or HIV status; nor will the City discriminate against individuals who are perceived to be at risk of HIV infection, or who associate with individuals who are believed to be at risk.
|Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within||the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.|
To apply click here
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * This position requires graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in a field related to accounting, twenty-four (24) college semester hours in accounting plus three (3) years of accounting experience. Four completed years towards a five-year accounting degree, plus three (3) years of accounting experience. A Master's degree in Accounting or Business Administration may substitute for two years of accounting experience. A CPA may substitute for the required four-year degree. Do you meet these qualifications?
- * Do you have an Accounting degree from a four-year accredited college or university?
- * Describe your experience with working with grant applications, grant reimbursements, grant accounting, grant reporting, and grant financial closes, including specific positions on your application where you perform these duties.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your experience in Accounts Payable, including the years of experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a valid Texas Class C driver’s license or the ability to acquire by hire date?
- * The Transportation Security Administration (TSA-division of the USA Dept. of Homeland Security) requires all employees of the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport to pass a minimum 10-year criminal background investigation and security threat assessment. Do you agree to a minimum 10-year criminal background investigation and security threat assessment?
- * Are you a current City of Austin employee?