|Posting Title||Accountant II|
|Job Requisition Number||COA078164|
|Notes to Applicants||
CLOSE JOB POSTING:
GOOD STANDING – DEPARTMENT/DIVISION POSTINGS:
$25.80 – $33.43 per hour
Core Hours: Monday – Friday
Shift may change according to departmental needs. Work hours may include after hours, holidays, and weekend work
|Job Close Date||05/16/2018|
|Type of Posting||External|
|Grant Funded or Pooled Position||Not Applicable|
|Location||3600 Presidential Blvd., Austin, Texas|
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with an Accounting Degree.
Experience with grant applications, reports, reimbursements & closes; inventory & fixed assets
|Duties, Functions and Responsibilities||
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Knowledge of bookkeeping procedures.
|Does this job require a criminal background investigation?||This position requires a criminal background investigation|
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
|Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within||the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.|
To apply click here
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * This position requires graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in a field related to Accounting, twenty-four (24) college semester hours in Accounting, plus two (2) years of accounting experience; A Master's degree in a related field may substitute for 1 year of experience; CPA license may substitute for the education requirement. Do you meet these qualifications?
- * Do you have an Accounting degree from a four-year accredited college or university?
- * Describe your experience working with Federal grant applications, grant reimbursements, grant accounting, grant reporting, and grant financial closes.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your knowledge and experience with fixed asset accounting.
(Open Ended Question)
- * The Transportation Security Administration (TSA-division of the USA Dept. of Homeland Security) requires all employees of the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport to pass a minimum 10-year criminal background investigation and security threat assessment. Do you agree to a minimum 10-year criminal background investigation and security threat assessment?
- * Do you have a valid Texas Class C driver’s license or the ability to acquire by hire date?